- Multiple Layers of Safety in the Netherlands and United States
- From the Outside Looking In(to the Corps)…
- Can the Dutch teach us something on the power of communication?
- A closer look at the CVFPP (2): Consequence modeling brings out uncertainty in risk estimates
- A closer look at the CVFPP (1): does increasing “protection” increase risk?
- "We're in a mess together as a society, we're getting out of it together or we're not getting out of it at all" -isenberg. #delta #cawater 2 weeks ago
- American Rivers | Getting Climate Smart shar.es/l5a2B via @sharethis 3 weeks ago
- Floodplains by Design:Great video by @nature_org: how floodplains reduce floodrisk nature.org/ourinitiatives… @americanrivers @RuimtevdRivier 3 weeks ago
Author Archives: wateraway
Back on U.S. soil for nearly a year, I’ve linked up with another Dutch research institute to launch an initiative aimed at comparing our two countries on one particular matter: implementing multiple layers of safety for improved flood risk management. … Continue reading
In many fields, organizations evaluate or audit themselves to improve the way they operate. Because it is difficult to critically analyze from within, such an evaluation often requires going outside the institute (and sometimes the country) to find one who … Continue reading
My time here has been focused on learning what we can take away from the Dutch in terms of water management expertise. What is it, you ask? I know the suspense must be killing you, so I’ll give away … Continue reading
A closer look at consequence estimation. Learning more about how the Dutch assess flood risk and evaluate costs and benefits over the past eight months has taught me lot about estimating loss-of-life and other consequences. Doing so from outside of … Continue reading